Life is always busy, but the last few months have been particularly busy with lots of exciting developments and opportunities…These are all the projects I am involved in, with many fantastic collaborators…
- We completed this week Webinar 7 for the Child/School Psychology Resources Webinars. I have received lovely comments about how these have been helpful for participants. I am glad these are helpful. The lovely Kate joined me for a Webinar around Learning Difficulties and it was so great to share and bounce ideas together.
- I am launching Series 2 with lots of different new topics. Don’t miss out! I will be looking for collaborators too. I have also plans for other Series.
- I have a group supervision running monthly for qualified psychologists working in schools, early intervention programs or private practice, particularly those working with children, families and schools.
- I continue to offer supervision for the Ed and Dev endorsement program via Zoom. The lovely Coco, my new Labradoodle, cheers up sessions and sits at my feet! Do not hesitate to contact me, should you wish to set up supervision sessions.
- We continue to answer lots of queries at the UK/Overseas Psychologists in Australia where people are asking questions and supporting one and another about settling as a psychologist in Australia. We have over 7oo members. Although Christie and I have never met, I am so grateful for her presence and support. I may need to go up North soon for the warmth and lots of people I met up there.
- I started a new Facebook group aiming to support psychologists experiencing global migration. You can find the group at ‘A Psych Moving Abroad’. I am starting some podcasts which will aim to capture many stories of psychologists moving abroad (https://www.facebook.com/groups/345531216361735/). We have just reached 400 members in just a few weeks.
- Bangkok and Oxford are part of plans for the new year. I will be attending the Families in Global Transition again. I will also be presenting at a Conference in Oxford, UK, entitled ‘Children On the Move’ (https://www.bera.ac.uk/event/childhood-on-the-move).
- Our Application to start an Affiliate in Melbourne for the Families in Global Transition (FIGT) organisation has been accepted and work is underway to launch the Affiliate. More about FIGT at this website (https://www.figt.org). I am delighted to embark this journey with the lovely Sara.
- I have been a guest blogger for Expat Parenting Abroad and the lovely Emily.
- I went to a talk from Brenee Brown and felt invigorated by her message of leading with vulnerability and courage. It has really helped conceptualise my presence in my new role at one of the clinic where I work.
- Finally, I supervise a research project on girls and ASD. We have had a great response and currently analysing results. I am also collaborating on other projects around ASD.
This is all in the background whilst working in two clinics as well, supporting children and parents and supervising provisional psychologists on placement!
Very busy indeed and lots of exciting projects!